WILTON, Conn. – Sister Mary Jane Card of Our Lady of Fatima Parish celebrated her 75 years as a nun with a restatement of her commitment vows on June 29 during the noon Mass.
She grew up in Wilton. In 1939, she entered the Sisters of Mercy and began her career in teaching and ministering.
After joining Our Lady of Fatima in 1988, she established a program to assist the elderly and homebound, and continued to serve parishioners at home, as well as those at Ogden House, Wilton Meadows, The Greens and Brookdale during her 25 years with Our Lady of Fatima.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years