WILTON, Conn. -- The Wilton Wrestling Teams are teaming with Pinning Down Autism to sponsor a fundraising event Saturday, Jan. 5, at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, and they are asking the community for its support.
On that day, the Sacred Heart wrestling team is hosting Virginia Military Institute in a dual meet. The competition is a partnership with Pinning Down Autism, an organization that uses wrestling events to increase awareness of autism and provide charitable donations for organizations that work with the autistic community.
All of the gate proceeds for the dual meet will be donated to local nonprofit groups that work with autistic individuals, and Sacred Heart has identified the Wilton Family Y as one of those organizations. Wilton Wrestling Teams hold their practices in the gymnasium at the Wilton Family Y.
The monies will go directly and exclusively for Y programs that support autistic children, and the public is encouraged to attend the event to support the cause.
For more information on the fundraising meet, contact Y Sports Director Anne Cullinan.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Heavy Rain Headed To Wilton, Thunderstorms Possible
- 4 Wilton Could See New Round Of Thunderstorms
- 5 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton