WILTON, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Wilton last week:
- AAA Southern New England honored the Wilton Police Department with a Silver Award for its outstanding traffic safety programs, which include initiatives for active child passenger safety, drunken driving distracted driving, and speed enforcement, among others. In addition, AAA honored Officer Anthony Cocco for his community traffic safety efforts.
- Norwalk's Rick and Joan Setti became reality TV stars as they were declared the winners of "The Great Christmas Light Fight" on ABC-TV on Monday night. The Christmas Village at their home features more than 400 handmade items and tens of thousands of holiday lights. They won $50,000, a trophy and the admiration of their hometown.
- Drivers should be seeing some relief on northbound I-95 near the interchange with Route 7 in Norwalk with the opening of a new "speed change lane" in the area. The new lane will allow drivers to more easily enter and exit the northbound highway between Exits 14 and 15. A similar lane will be completed on the southbound side in spring.
- The Wilton Wahoos were ranked 15th in the nation and named a gold medal club by USA Swimming as the national organization announced its Club Excellence program.
- The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk welcomed an adorable new member to its family Thursday as 11-month-old Levi made a splash and joined the river otter exhibit.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.