NEW YORK -- Will you buy a ticket for the Powerball jackpot that is set to increase to a record $500 million Wednesday?
Will You Buy a Powerball ticket this week?View Results
Will You Buy a Powerball ticket this week?
Yes. I play the lottery all the time17%
I'll play Powerball because the pot is so big63%
Betting is a waste of money9%
I prefer the I stock market2%
I have too many bills... maybe I should play.9%
The previous top prize was $365 million won by ConAgra Foods workers in Lincoln, Neb., in 2006. Powerball is played in 42 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The prize may increase even more before the drawing. Tickets have to be purchased by 8:59 p.m. Wednesday.
The Mega Millions lottery holds the record for the biggest payout in U.S. history. In June 2012, a $640 million prize was shared among three ticket-holders.
- 1 Owner Of Danbury Pet Shop Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 5 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight