NEW YORK -- Will you buy a ticket for the Powerball jackpot that is set to increase to a record $500 million Wednesday?
Will You Buy a Powerball ticket this week?View Results
Will You Buy a Powerball ticket this week?
Yes. I play the lottery all the time17%
I'll play Powerball because the pot is so big63%
Betting is a waste of money9%
I prefer the I stock market2%
I have too many bills... maybe I should play.9%
The previous top prize was $365 million won by ConAgra Foods workers in Lincoln, Neb., in 2006. Powerball is played in 42 states, Washington, D.C., and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The prize may increase even more before the drawing. Tickets have to be purchased by 8:59 p.m. Wednesday.
The Mega Millions lottery holds the record for the biggest payout in U.S. history. In June 2012, a $640 million prize was shared among three ticket-holders.
- 1 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview