3:30 p.m. update: NORWALK, Conn. -- The lane of Merritt Parkway in Norwalk closed due to an accident has reopened, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
Traffic was backed up on the northbound Merritt from Greenwich and Stamford, through New Canaan and Darien and into Norwalk. But traffic conditions were improving, the DOT said.
Rubber-necking delays into Westport and Weston were also clearing, the DOT reported.
Original story: NORWALK, Conn. -- The northbound Merritt Parkway was jammed in Norwalk at about 2:45 p.m. Friday after a one-car accident between Exits 38 and 39B, the Connecticut Department of Transportation said.
The right lane was closed after the crash, which was reportedly a one-car rollover, DOT said. Backups were reported for about 3 miles back through New Canaan/Darien and Stamford.
Some rubber-necking delays were reported on the southbound side of the Merritt in the area.
DOT could not estimate when the crash scene would be cleared.
- 1 Lower Fairfield County Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 4 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Wilton