WILTON, Conn. — A 60-year-old New Canaan woman is facing a misdemeanor larceny charge in Wilton after police say she stole from the Stop & Shop on River Road.
Meaghan Campbell was arrested last Friday night after police responded to the store to investigate a larceny complaint, police said. She was found to have stolen more than $500 worth of groceries, according to the police report.
Campbell was charged with fifth-degree larceny and issued a misdemeanor summons to appear in court on April 17.
Also from the police blotter:
▪ A gold necklace valued at $300 was reported stolen from a home on Winton Terrace on Sunday, police said.
▪ Last Friday, an East Meadow Road resident reported two 10-foot copper gutter downspouts were stolen from the side of their home during the overnight hours from Thursday into Friday, police said.
- 1 Sound Healer Charged With Fondling Wilton Woman During Meditation Session
- 2 Wilton Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Wilton
- 4 Plane Skids Off Runway At LaGuardia Airport, All Flights Diverted
- 5 Target, With Four Fairfield County Locations, Cutting Thousands Of Jobs