PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester man was arrested in connection with the abduction and rape of a 19-year-old woman reported Friday in Greenwich, police said.
Police arrested Johanny Chavez at his Port Chester home Monday at 5:45 p.m. Greenwich police notified Port Chester police of the incident, in which the victim was abducted from Greenwich’s Riverside section and taken to Port Chester.
The suspect was charged with second-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and second-degree strangulation.
Port Chester Police Chief Richard Conway said he expects both New York State and Connecticut police will file additional charges.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire Area Businessman, Philanthropist, Dies
- 5 Wilton, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night