PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester man was arrested in connection with the abduction and rape of a 19-year-old woman reported Friday in Greenwich, police said.
Police arrested Johanny Chavez at his Port Chester home Monday at 5:45 p.m. Greenwich police notified Port Chester police of the incident, in which the victim was abducted from Greenwich’s Riverside section and taken to Port Chester.
The suspect was charged with second-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and second-degree strangulation.
Port Chester Police Chief Richard Conway said he expects both New York State and Connecticut police will file additional charges.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 4 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Wilton, Thunderstorms Possible