PORT CHESTER, N.Y. – A Port Chester man was arrested in connection with the abduction and rape of a 19-year-old woman reported Friday in Greenwich, police said.
Police arrested Johanny Chavez at his Port Chester home Monday at 5:45 p.m. Greenwich police notified Port Chester police of the incident, in which the victim was abducted from Greenwich’s Riverside section and taken to Port Chester.
The suspect was charged with second-degree kidnapping, first-degree rape and second-degree strangulation.
Port Chester Police Chief Richard Conway said he expects both New York State and Connecticut police will file additional charges.
The investigation is ongoing.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Wilton Mom Slams Into Utility Pole With Kids In SUV, Faces DUI Charge