WILTON, Conn. — A red and black bag containing rental ski boots and ski apparel valued at $200 was reported stolen from an unlocked car parked on Belden Hill Road in Wilton last week, police said.
The vehicle, a 2003 Volvo XC70, was entered during the overnight hours of Feb. 27 in the area of 449 Belden Hill, police said. Also reported missing from the car was a Garmin Nuvi GPS valued at $150.
A 1992 Nissan Maxima also parked, unlocked, in the same location was believed to have been entered as well, police said. The vehicle’s glove box was found open but nothing was reported missing, police said.
Also from the police blotter:
Two residential mailboxes are believed to have been stolen last week. A resident of 103 Catalpa Road contacted police on the morning of Feb. 26 and reported his mailbox was missing and likely stolen, police said. The mailbox, valued at $100, is described as green with the address printed on it.
Later that day, a resident of 39 Hulda Hill Road reported that his mailbox was stolen between 7:30 p.m. Feb. 25 and 3:30 p.m. Feb. 26, police said. The mailbox had been located in a group of four and was the only one stolen, police said. No description of the mailbox was provided.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'