WILTON, Conn. — A 22-year-old Redding man was charged with possession of narcotics— a felony— after he was pulled over in Wilton last week and pills were found in his vehicle, police said.
Patrick Burns was stopped on Route 7 near Powder Horn Hill Road on March 6 on an equipment violation, police said. When the officer approached the vehicle, marijuana could be smelled coming from within, the police report said.
A subsequent search of the vehicle turned up more than a half-ounce of marijuana, several narcotic pills and drug paraphernalia, police said.
In addition to possession of narcotics, Burns was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors. He was released on a promise to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on March 17.
- 1 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Wilton Police Make Prostitution Arrests At Danbury Road Spa
- 3 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Wilton