WILTON, Conn. — A 22-year-old Redding man was charged with possession of narcotics— a felony— after he was pulled over in Wilton last week and pills were found in his vehicle, police said.
Patrick Burns was stopped on Route 7 near Powder Horn Hill Road on March 6 on an equipment violation, police said. When the officer approached the vehicle, marijuana could be smelled coming from within, the police report said.
A subsequent search of the vehicle turned up more than a half-ounce of marijuana, several narcotic pills and drug paraphernalia, police said.
In addition to possession of narcotics, Burns was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors. He was released on a promise to appear at Norwalk Superior Court on March 17.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Wilton, NOAA Predicts