WILTON, Conn. -- Twenty-seven Wilton Police officers were honored at the eighth annual Wilton Rotary's Police Awards ceremony held recently.
Chief of Police Michael Lombardo presented 34 awards to the 27 officers for Meritorious Service, Citations of Commendation, Life Saving, and Letters of Recognition.
The Officer of the Year Award was given to Officer Anthony Coco.
"One of Wilton Rotary’s Four Avenues of Service is Vocational, which recognizes the dignity and value of all professions as well as promoting high ethical standards in the workplace," Rotary President Paul Burnham said in a statement. "Rotary emphasizes that each person makes a valuable contribution to a better society through daily activities in a business or profession, and Wilton Police officers certainly exemplify Rotary’s spirit of vocational service.”
- 1 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 13 Metro-North Conductors, Engineers Indicted In Cheating Scandal
- 5 NBC To Donald Trump: 'You're Fired!'