WILTON, Conn. -- Twenty-seven Wilton Police officers were honored at the eighth annual Wilton Rotary's Police Awards ceremony held recently.
Chief of Police Michael Lombardo presented 34 awards to the 27 officers for Meritorious Service, Citations of Commendation, Life Saving, and Letters of Recognition.
The Officer of the Year Award was given to Officer Anthony Coco.
"One of Wilton Rotary’s Four Avenues of Service is Vocational, which recognizes the dignity and value of all professions as well as promoting high ethical standards in the workplace," Rotary President Paul Burnham said in a statement. "Rotary emphasizes that each person makes a valuable contribution to a better society through daily activities in a business or profession, and Wilton Police officers certainly exemplify Rotary’s spirit of vocational service.”
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Bridgeport Man Charged In Weston Home Invasion, Assault Of Woman
- 3 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 4 Wilton, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 9 Danbury Condos Sustain Damage In Fire Sparked By Lightning