UPDATE, 10 p.m.: The man who was struck by a train has died, Metro-North officials said Wednesday night.
GREENWICH, Conn. — A man walked onto the tracks near Davis Avenue in Greenwich and was hit by a train at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Metro-North authorities said.
The man, who has not been identified, was still alive and rushed to Stamford Hospital.
New Haven Line service had been suspended while Metropolitan Transit Authority Police conducted an investigation. As of 9:45 p.m., service was restored to three of four tracks with residual delays of up to 45 minutes, the rail service said.
- 1 Contractor, Worker Charged In Dispute Over Building Materials In Wilton
- 2 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director
- 3 Former Stamford Resident Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust In Japan
- 4 Teenage Girl Struck, Killed By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You