UPDATE, 10 p.m.: The man who was struck by a train has died, Metro-North officials said Wednesday night.
GREENWICH, Conn. — A man walked onto the tracks near Davis Avenue in Greenwich and was hit by a train at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Metro-North authorities said.
The man, who has not been identified, was still alive and rushed to Stamford Hospital.
New Haven Line service had been suspended while Metropolitan Transit Authority Police conducted an investigation. As of 9:45 p.m., service was restored to three of four tracks with residual delays of up to 45 minutes, the rail service said.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Wilton, NOAA Predicts