UPDATE, 10 p.m.: The man who was struck by a train has died, Metro-North officials said Wednesday night.
GREENWICH, Conn. — A man walked onto the tracks near Davis Avenue in Greenwich and was hit by a train at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Metro-North authorities said.
The man, who has not been identified, was still alive and rushed to Stamford Hospital.
New Haven Line service had been suspended while Metropolitan Transit Authority Police conducted an investigation. As of 9:45 p.m., service was restored to three of four tracks with residual delays of up to 45 minutes, the rail service said.
- 1 Forecast Worsens With More Snow Predicted For Wilton
- 2 Wilton Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Wilton With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Wilton, Blizzard Watch Issued