WILTON, Conn. -- A 14-year-old girl was issued a summons on a charge of marijuana possession after she seemed to be "under the influence" while at Wilton High School, police said.
The incident occurred about 2:30 p.m. Monday, April 21.
"A staff member suspected the juvenile was under the influence of an unknown substance," police said in a statement. "School administrators located a small amount of marijuana in the student's backpack, which was confiscated and turned over the school resource officer."
A summons on a charge of possession of less than a half-ounce of marijuana was issued Thursday, April 24, police said. She was released on a promise to appear.
The matter was referred to juvenile court, and the suspect was not identified because of her age, police said.
- 1 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Wilton Police In Fatal Raid On Easton Home
- 3 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 5 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Wilton