WILTON, Conn. -- A 14-year-old girl was issued a summons on a charge of marijuana possession after she seemed to be "under the influence" while at Wilton High School, police said.
The incident occurred about 2:30 p.m. Monday, April 21.
"A staff member suspected the juvenile was under the influence of an unknown substance," police said in a statement. "School administrators located a small amount of marijuana in the student's backpack, which was confiscated and turned over the school resource officer."
A summons on a charge of possession of less than a half-ounce of marijuana was issued Thursday, April 24, police said. She was released on a promise to appear.
The matter was referred to juvenile court, and the suspect was not identified because of her age, police said.
- 1 Woman, 50, Charged With Stealing SAT Exam In June From Wilton High
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 4 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield