WILTON, Conn. -- A 14-year-old girl was issued a summons on a charge of marijuana possession after she seemed to be "under the influence" while at Wilton High School, police said.
The incident occurred about 2:30 p.m. Monday, April 21.
"A staff member suspected the juvenile was under the influence of an unknown substance," police said in a statement. "School administrators located a small amount of marijuana in the student's backpack, which was confiscated and turned over the school resource officer."
A summons on a charge of possession of less than a half-ounce of marijuana was issued Thursday, April 24, police said. She was released on a promise to appear.
The matter was referred to juvenile court, and the suspect was not identified because of her age, police said.
- 1 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 Former Intern For Rep. Himes Stabbed To Death At DC Metro Station
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Wilton
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money