WILTON, Conn. -- The town of Wilton has hired Ronald Kanterman to be the town's new fire chief on a one-year contract that begins June 1, according to the Wilton Bulletin.
Kanterman, former fire chief for Somers, Conn., has 38 years of firefighting experience, including five years in charge of the Mohegan Tribe Fire Department in Uncasville, where he led 46 firefighters.
The Wilton Fire Department has been working under Deputy Chief Mark Amatrudo since the retirement of Chief Paul Milositz in May 2013, according to the report.
This story and the Wilton Bulletin story incorrectly printed that Mr. Kanterman was the fire chief in Somers, N.Y. It has been updated.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Wilton Police Make Prostitution Arrests At Danbury Road Spa
- 3 Wilton Woman Brings World-Class Talent To New Piano Showroom
- 4 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Wilton
- 5 Father Pleads Not Guilty In Death Of Son In Hot Car In Ridgefield