WILTON, Conn. -- The town of Wilton has hired Ronald Kanterman to be the town's new fire chief on a one-year contract that begins June 1, according to the Wilton Bulletin.
Kanterman, former fire chief for Somers, Conn., has 38 years of firefighting experience, including five years in charge of the Mohegan Tribe Fire Department in Uncasville, where he led 46 firefighters.
The Wilton Fire Department has been working under Deputy Chief Mark Amatrudo since the retirement of Chief Paul Milositz in May 2013, according to the report.
This story and the Wilton Bulletin story incorrectly printed that Mr. Kanterman was the fire chief in Somers, N.Y. It has been updated.
- 1 Wilton Man Arrested After Shoving Girlfriend While Decorating Tree
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Wilton
- 3 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 Sony Pulls Film; Westport Will Have To Wait On 'The Interview'