WILTON, Conn. -- A male customer mixed counterfeit $20 bills with real ones when making a purchase of expensive handbags on Wednesday, April 2, at T.J. Maxx in Wilton, police said.
Police were investigating the use of a total of 13 fake $20 bills at the T.J. Maxx at 14 Danbury Road on April 2.
In an attempt to hide the counterfeit money, the suspect mixed in the fake bills with real bills, police said.
The case remained under investigation.
- 1 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Wilton Skies Sunday
- 4 Wilton Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend
- 5 Wilton Health Care Providers Face Threat Of Ebola