WILTON, Conn. -- A male customer mixed counterfeit $20 bills with real ones when making a purchase of expensive handbags on Wednesday, April 2, at T.J. Maxx in Wilton, police said.
Police were investigating the use of a total of 13 fake $20 bills at the T.J. Maxx at 14 Danbury Road on April 2.
In an attempt to hide the counterfeit money, the suspect mixed in the fake bills with real bills, police said.
The case remained under investigation.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 Police: Second Swastika Found At Wilton High School
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Teen’s Arrest For Swastika Incident At Wilton High Tops Week’s News