WILTON, Conn. -- A male customer mixed counterfeit $20 bills with real ones when making a purchase of expensive handbags on Wednesday, April 2, at T.J. Maxx in Wilton, police said.
Police were investigating the use of a total of 13 fake $20 bills at the T.J. Maxx at 14 Danbury Road on April 2.
In an attempt to hide the counterfeit money, the suspect mixed in the fake bills with real bills, police said.
The case remained under investigation.
- 1 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 2 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview