WILTON, Conn. -- A male customer mixed counterfeit $20 bills with real ones when making a purchase of expensive handbags on Wednesday, April 2, at T.J. Maxx in Wilton, police said.
Police were investigating the use of a total of 13 fake $20 bills at the T.J. Maxx at 14 Danbury Road on April 2.
In an attempt to hide the counterfeit money, the suspect mixed in the fake bills with real bills, police said.
The case remained under investigation.
- 1 Sound Healer Charged With Fondling Wilton Woman During Meditation Session
- 2 Wilton Could See Up To 4 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Wilton
- 4 15 With Ties To Fairfield County Make Forbes List Of Billionaires
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Wilton Tuesday