WILTON, Conn. -- A male customer mixed counterfeit $20 bills with real ones when making a purchase of expensive handbags on Wednesday, April 2, at T.J. Maxx in Wilton, police said.
Police were investigating the use of a total of 13 fake $20 bills at the T.J. Maxx at 14 Danbury Road on April 2.
In an attempt to hide the counterfeit money, the suspect mixed in the fake bills with real bills, police said.
The case remained under investigation.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Wilton Running Club Girls Capture Conference Honors
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Wilton, NOAA Predicts