WESTPORT, Conn. – At the first sight of the presidential limousine coming down the Sherwood Island Connector in Westport Monday evening, one of the dozens of spectators who gathered at the side of the road shouted, “There it is!”
But there wasn’t just one limo—two identical limos, complete with mini American and presidential flags, made their way down the connector, which had been blocked off by Westport police and state troopers.
Escorted by police motorcycles, state police cruisers, black Secret Service SUVs and other law enforcement vehicles, the motorcade made a right-hand turn onto Nyala Farms Road, which had been cleared of traffic before the president arrived. The motorcade then turned right onto Greens Farms Road and continued to 26 Beachside Avenue, the home of movie producer Harvey Weinstein, who founded Miramax Films.
Weinstein hosted a $35,800 per person fundraiser at his 8,896-square-foot home. Guests of the glitzy dinner party reportedly included actresses Anne Hathaway and Joanne Woodward of Westport, the wife of the late Paul Newman, and screenwriter Aaron Sorkin.
- 1 Wilton Voters Narrowly Approve $50M Project For Miller-Driscoll School
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Wilton Mom Slams Into Utility Pole With Kids In SUV, Faces DUI Charge