WILTON, Conn. -- More than 250 attendees across 20 presenters and dozens of youth innovators will be showcased at the Wilton Education TechExpo 5.0 next month.
The Expo will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, at Wilton High School. The Expo is conducted once a year to highlight the advances and the importance of technology in education. Hands-on demonstrations by teachers and students illustrate how technology is integrated into many aspects of the curriculum.
"Is your child using technology in a clever way outside of school? Technology is changing the face of education and the children in the community are taking a lead," representatives said. "Wilton Education TechExpo 5.0 will highlight how Wilton youth are employing technology in novel ways."
Students demonstrated mobile apps, animations, music creation and games in previous years of the expo.
“We want students to show the technology they use in their free time as a hobby, for entertainment or for educational support," said Matt Hepfer, Director of Technology for Wilton Public Schools.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Wilton Police Make Prostitution Arrests At Danbury Road Spa
- 3 Wilton Woman Brings World-Class Talent To New Piano Showroom
- 4 Mom Says Family Coping After Dad's Arrest In Ridgefield Hot Car Death
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Wilton