WILTON, Conn. -- More than 250 attendees across 20 presenters and dozens of youth innovators will be showcased at the Wilton Education TechExpo 5.0 next month.
The Expo will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 22, at Wilton High School. The Expo is conducted once a year to highlight the advances and the importance of technology in education. Hands-on demonstrations by teachers and students illustrate how technology is integrated into many aspects of the curriculum.
"Is your child using technology in a clever way outside of school? Technology is changing the face of education and the children in the community are taking a lead," representatives said. "Wilton Education TechExpo 5.0 will highlight how Wilton youth are employing technology in novel ways."
Students demonstrated mobile apps, animations, music creation and games in previous years of the expo.
“We want students to show the technology they use in their free time as a hobby, for entertainment or for educational support," said Matt Hepfer, Director of Technology for Wilton Public Schools.
- 1 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 5 Wilton, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades