WILTON, Conn. — Parents of Wilton High School and Middlebrook students are invited to attend one of two presentations led by local threat assessment expert Dr. David Bernstein on Tuesday.
The presentations are scheduled for 9:15 a.m. and 7 p.m. in the Little Theater at the high school.
During the presentations, parents will receive training on how to recognize potentially high-risk behaviors and how to intervene to prevent violent acts. Parents will receive also instruction on what to do if violence or aggression are suspected.
“Research indicates that parents are in the best position to know what is going on in their children's lives,” school officials said in a statement. “Yet, far too often, parents come across information that they dismiss, misidentify, or fail to recognize as important before something tragic occurs.”
Bernstein, a forensic psychologist, is president of Forensic Consultants in Norwalk. He has trained with the U.S. Secret Service and serves as a consultant for state and federal law enforcement agencies.
To read more about Bernstein and the work he does, visit the Forensic Consultants website.
- 1 Three Norwalk Teens Busted By Wilton Cops On Drug Charges
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 Wilton Cancer Survivor Takes On Marathon Challenge For Charity
- 4 Wilton Man Opens State's First Orangetheory Fitness In Fairfield
- 5 Got Ebola Questions? Connecticut Launches Information Website