WILTON, Conn. — Parents of Wilton High School and Middlebrook students are invited to attend one of two presentations led by local threat assessment expert Dr. David Bernstein on Tuesday.
The presentations are scheduled for 9:15 a.m. and 7 p.m. in the Little Theater at the high school.
During the presentations, parents will receive training on how to recognize potentially high-risk behaviors and how to intervene to prevent violent acts. Parents will receive also instruction on what to do if violence or aggression are suspected.
“Research indicates that parents are in the best position to know what is going on in their children's lives,” school officials said in a statement. “Yet, far too often, parents come across information that they dismiss, misidentify, or fail to recognize as important before something tragic occurs.”
Bernstein, a forensic psychologist, is president of Forensic Consultants in Norwalk. He has trained with the U.S. Secret Service and serves as a consultant for state and federal law enforcement agencies.
To read more about Bernstein and the work he does, visit the Forensic Consultants website.
- 1 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 2 Wilton's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 4 Single-Family Home Sales Fall 12 Percent In Wilton
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Wilton