WESTON, Conn. - Hurricane Sandy has forced organizers of The Reservoir Run to postpone the race, which was scheduled for Sunday. It has been rescheduled for Nov. 11.
"Wires are down on the roads and the police have taken on an extra burden," said Fred Schneider, secretary of the Weston Kiwanis Club, which is sponsoring the race.
Schneider said the 300 runners who signed up for the race will be contacted.
The Reservoir Run, Weston's first half marathon, will start and end at the high school and includes a 4-mile stretch along the Saugatuck Reservoir.
- 1 Connecticut Report Finds Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 2 Four Wilton Wahoo Swimmers Commit To College Programs
- 3 Wilton Police Make Prostitution Arrests At Danbury Road Spa
- 4 Wilton Woman Brings World-Class Talent To New Piano Showroom
- 5 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Wilton