WESTON, Conn. - Hurricane Sandy has forced organizers of The Reservoir Run to postpone the race, which was scheduled for Sunday. It has been rescheduled for Nov. 11.
"Wires are down on the roads and the police have taken on an extra burden," said Fred Schneider, secretary of the Weston Kiwanis Club, which is sponsoring the race.
Schneider said the 300 runners who signed up for the race will be contacted.
The Reservoir Run, Weston's first half marathon, will start and end at the high school and includes a 4-mile stretch along the Saugatuck Reservoir.
- 1 Rain, Thunderstorms Could Be Coming To Wilton
- 2 Ridgefield Ranks As Connecticut's Safest Town, Fourth Safest In U.S.
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Danbury Fires Teacher Charged With Sex Assault Over Certification
- 5 Fairfield County Home Renovated By 'Property Brothers' Holds Open House